Adding Required Field and Email Sending by Options to Infopath Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Adding Required Field and Email Sending by Options to Infopath Form

Last post 09-27-2022 08:05 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 15 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2022 05:13 AM

Adding Required Field and Email Sending by Options to Infopath Form

Hello, I have created a form as attached, but I need to add some features to the form, can you help? When user selects A_App from Application1 menu "Information1, Information4, Information5, Information7, Information8, Information9" should be a mandatory field. When user selects B_App from Application2 menu "Information1, Information8, Information9" must be a mandatory field. Other Application options will continue similarly. After the mandatory fields are filled, when the user clicks the SEND button, the form should be sent to the e-mail address defined for "A_App". Can you show some examples on the attached form? Best regards,
  • 08-31-2022 11:13 PM In reply to

Re: Adding Required Field and Email Sending by Options to Infopath Form

@Hilary Stoupa, No one has replied to this thread, can you help me?
  • 09-01-2022 08:19 AM In reply to

I added two validation rules to Information 1 - hopefully that's enough to get you started. I don't understand the question on email - I don't understand where the email address is supposed to come from.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-01-2022 10:07 AM In reply to

First of all, thank you for your support. After filling out the form, the user has to press the SEND button. A separate e-mail address will be defined for each application and forms will be sent to these addresses. In short, rules will need to be added to Application1,2,3,4,5,6 sections for sending e-mails. If you can make an example, I'll try to do the others.
  • 09-01-2022 12:54 PM In reply to

Where will the separate email addresses be defined? That is, are you putting these in a SharePoint list? That might be a good way to go - just create a list for these, and then add a data connection to your form so you can determine the right email address for each section....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-01-2022 02:15 PM In reply to

Sharepoint and active directory are working in sync. E-mail addresses are defined and ready for each application. All we have to do is create rules for sending emails through the form. Two e-mail addresses will be added to each Application as "TO" and "CC" as two groups. Could you please make an example of a mail sending rule for any Application in the form? I tried to show it with an example attached.
  • 09-01-2022 04:02 PM In reply to

So - in your screenshot, it looks like you are setting Application 1 to the email you wish to send this to? If the Application 1 field = Application 1? Sorry - that is a little confusing to me. Can you just create email submit connections in your form for each of the "applications" and then in your submit rules, you can determine which to use? I did this in the attached form - I changed your submit to use rules, and added a rule to send an email.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-05-2022 07:10 AM In reply to

How can I enable sending to different e-mail addresses according to the selected application?
  • 09-06-2022 05:26 AM In reply to

Dear @Hilary Stoupa, First of all, I made some changes in the form design, but the working logic is the same. I did as you show required field options for each App. E-mail sending works in general, but it is necessary to make a distinction as follows. Users who choose (A_App, B_App, C_App, D_App, E_App, F_App, G_App, H_App, J_App, K_App, L_App, M_App, N_App) must submit their forms to "oztek2@gmail.com" when they click the SEND button. Only users who choose (L_App) need to submit their forms to "oztek3@gmail.com" when they click the SEND button. Can you help with this too?
  • 09-06-2022 08:08 AM In reply to

So - if I only select L_App, the email goes to "Oztek3"? If I select A_App and L_App, does the email go to just "Oztek2"? Or does the email go to "Oztek3" any time L_App is selected?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-06-2022 10:05 AM In reply to

Sorry, I accidentally typed (L_App) instead of (I_App) for oztek3, it should be like below. When one or more (A_App, B_App, C_App, D_App, E_App, F_App, G_App, H_App, J_App, K_App, L_App, M_App, N_App) is selected, the e-mail will go to "oztek2". When only I_App is selected, the email will always go to "oztek3".
  • 09-07-2022 06:58 AM In reply to

Dear @Hilary Stoupa, I need to solve this issue as soon as possible, can you show me an example on how to do it?
  • 09-07-2022 08:16 AM In reply to

Hopefully this is what you need.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-08-2022 06:31 AM In reply to

Yes it worked for me, thank you very much for your support.
  • 09-26-2022 12:24 PM In reply to

Dear @Hilary Stoupa, When the user selects I_App in the form, the e-mail goes to oztek2. When the user selects other applications other than I_App, the e-mail goes to oztek3. So far everything is working normally. However, when the user selects I_App and Other applications at the same time in the form, the e-mail only goes to oztek3. In this case, e-mail should be sent to oztek3' and oztek2 at the same time. If the user selects I_App and Other applications in the same form, e-mail should be sent to oztek2 for I_App and to oztek3 for other applications.
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.