How to make a column with the link to display view of the form and open menu in SharePoint list? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to make a column with the link to display view of the form and open menu in SharePoint list?

Last post 02-17-2022 07:51 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2022 01:39 AM

How to make a column with the link to display view of the form and open menu in SharePoint list?

Hi I have a list with InfoPath form as attached Picture 1. Before, the column "Title" is with a link to the display view of form and open menu by default. After I added a rule setting the value of the "Title" in my InfoPath form (I deleted the rule afterwards), the Column "Title" value becomes blank in the SharePoint list and I can't go to the display view by clicking it or find the open menu. I wonder if I can attach a link to the display view of the form and the open menu to the Column "Request No."? If not, can I get them back on Column "Title"? Thanks!
  • 02-17-2022 07:51 AM In reply to

Re: How to make a column with the link to display view of the form and open menu in SharePoint list?

If you modify the view you can add the "Edit" column which will display an icon you can click to edit the item. But you might just want set the "Title" field to your "Request No" value and then rename the Title field in the list. That would probably be easiest. In terms of the data already in the list, you can put the list in quick edit or spreadsheet view (what it is called depends on your SharePoint version) and just copy the request number data over.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.