How I can set a rule to clear a drop down list field? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How I can set a rule to clear a drop down list field?

Last post 02-15-2022 11:23 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2022 09:43 AM

How I can set a rule to clear a drop down list field?

Hi, I am setting a rule to clear a drop down list's value or make i's value as blank. Here is what I want to realize: When the Request Type is "Push out" and the Impact Revenue USD is less than or equal to 25,000, the Finance Decision value becomes "Not Applicable" and the control is disabled. When the Request Type is "Push out" and the Impact Revenue USD is more than 25,000, the Finance Decision value becomes blank or is cleared (because I want the approver to modify it later). I named the rule "If Push out3" However, the rule "If Push out3" did not work. For example, keeping Request Type as "Push out", when I changed the Impact Revenue USD value from 0.00 to 26,000, the Finance Decision value did not becomes blank, it is still "Not Applicable". I don't know what is wrong with my rules... Thank you!
  • 02-15-2022 11:23 AM In reply to

Re: How I can set a rule to clear a drop down list field?

First, I think you'll need the same rules on Impact Revenue USD, so that when that field changes the rules also run. Also I see an "or" condition on "If Push out3" that only will fire if Finance Decision is already blank. I'd remove that condition. Rules fire when a field changes, so rules that take multiple fields into account in their conditions need to be on all the involved fields.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.