How to make filter of dropdown choice - InfoPath Designer 2013/Sharepoint lists - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to make filter of dropdown choice - InfoPath Designer 2013/Sharepoint lists

Last post 02-15-2022 11:11 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-14-2022 08:29 AM

How to make filter of dropdown choice - InfoPath Designer 2013/Sharepoint lists

Hi, I'm quite new in the MS InfoPath Designer 2013 and searched in the web for a solution, but couldn't find a good one. I understood already that there is a filter available on the InfoPath Designer 2013 which I can apply on a dropdown and then filter the choices, but somehow I couldn't make it work on my environment. The situation is the following: I have two different Sharepoint lists - List A is the list having employees described and every employee has a few options described in a column EmployeeA. Then in my List B which is the list I use to work with InfoPath, I have Person field(account select) and once the account is selected I want to make the infopath to look at List A for the current account and link the available choices in the dropdown menu from column EmployeeA on the current person. The workflow is - once the employee open to submit(infopath) and select his account, then on the dropdown menu he has to be able to see only his available choices(which are from List A, EmployeeA column related with his Person account). Is anyone has an idea how can I make such kind of filtering, which is looking on the selected account from the current list into another list and then show the available choices?
  • 02-15-2022 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: How to make filter of dropdown choice - InfoPath Designer 2013/Sharepoint lists

So - the dropdown needs a filter added that the account id from the people picker is equal to the account id for the user in List A - you can add a filter when you select the data for your dropdown. You probably have to put the data source in "advanced" mode to see the account id in the people picker. Feel free to attach a copy of your form under the Options tab in a reply if you need a hand. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.