Appending Changes to existing text field in SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Appending Changes to existing text field in SharePoint

Last post 01-28-2022 08:43 AM by Travis_H. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-19-2022 01:43 PM

Appending Changes to existing text field in SharePoint

Hi, I have a SharePoint list set up with 'Versioning' turned on. In this list, I have one field that is set to 'Append changes to Existing Text' turned on called 'Next Steps'. Here is my issue... If a user edits an existing case using an Infopath form and does NOT update/type into the 'Next Steps' field, SharePoint will create a NEW VERISON of the case but the 'Next Steps' will not be blank in an Excel Export. How do I get the most updated notes from the 'Next Steps' field in my exports?
  • 01-19-2022 04:12 PM In reply to

Re: Appending Changes to existing text field in SharePoint

So - when you export to Excel the prior version's "next steps" text shows? Maybe in the form you could add a rule on submit that if next steps is blank it gets set to N/A instead of blank? Not sure if that will work - this isn't a scenario I've run into before.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-20-2022 05:53 PM In reply to

The exports don't pull in the 'next steps' text in the excel file. Using the 'N/A' to return would be counter productive. I would want to return the last text entered into the field.
  • 01-21-2022 08:08 AM In reply to

Perhaps add another column that doesn't have change history on it, and when the user enters a value in Next Steps, set this other column to that value. Then you will always have the last text entered in the field? And hopefully that would be included when exporting to Excel?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-28-2022 08:43 AM In reply to

This worked! Thanks again!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.