Concatenating a New Field within a Repeating Table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Concatenating a New Field within a Repeating Table

Last post 01-06-2022 07:38 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2022 12:49 PM

Concatenating a New Field within a Repeating Table

I have a form that searches all of the results stored by another form and brings back several fields into a repeating table for each form that matches the specific search criteria, so I could get no, one, or several rows in my repeating results table. If my search criteria is "345" then I could get results for "12345" and "34567." All of this information is brought in from a secondary data source. What I'd like to do is to concatenate the results that come back for each matching record/form so that I create a new piece of data for each resulting record; let's say "Jones-12345" and "Smith-34567" where Jones and Smith are corresponding values for their respective files. However, this new field containing "name-number" does not exist from the existing secondary source, but I'd like each record brought back from the secondary source to populate this new field for the corresponding resulting records. Clear as mud? I've tried using a regular field from my search form and a repeating section from my search form, but it never gets populated after concatenating rules are run.
    Filed under:
  • 01-06-2022 07:38 AM In reply to

Re: Concatenating a New Field within a Repeating Table

May I see a copy of your template? It would help me understand the question better. Feel free to email it to me. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.