FV Fields Not Acting as Expected - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

FV Fields Not Acting as Expected

Last post 10-28-2021 04:13 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2021 05:51 AM

FV Fields Not Acting as Expected

I'm converting an InfoPath form to work in our FV (on-prem) and the fields are NOT performing as configured. I have an attachment field where I want users to be able to add files when the form is started, but read-only afterwards. I have 2 versions of the attached file - one displays on open and the other displays thereafter. The "thereafter" version is read only, but in FV, there are no restrictions. I cleared "Allow the user to browse, delete, and replace files" for the "thereafter" version of the Attachment field, but it continues to work as if this attribute were still selected. I have another field, a date field, where I want the text to be blue (not black) and the design file shows this to be true, but in FV, the date displays as black when the field is completed. Later on, when I disable this same field and ask for the background color and text to change (to blue), this request is honored and it works as expected. I don't know why, if the field text "can" be blue sometimes, why not as the default user entry color?
  • 10-28-2021 04:13 PM In reply to

Re: FV Fields Not Acting as Expected

Hi - I think you meant to attach a copy of your form? Or you could send it to me... I think that you may be saying that you have a view of the form set to read-only, is that correct? Currently in FormsViewer we don't have the ability to set a file attachment control to read only. You could use SaveToSharePoint for your attachments, however, and then provide the user with a link instead of using the attachment control - would that be a viable work-around? As to the formatting issue, I can try to repro that.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.