Making a multi select list box read only - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Making a multi select list box read only

Last post 09-07-2021 08:27 AM by markikav. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2021 04:45 AM

Making a multi select list box read only

Hi Hilary
    I'm trying to make a multi select list box read only upon a trigger from another field, however when I try publish the form (its a SharePoint browser form) I keep getting the SOAP error as follows

The SOAP response indicates that an error occured on the server:
    Server was unable to process request--> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

My condition is when a particular date field is not blank , rule type = formatting , then disable control of the multi select list box field.
    However it lets me hide the control instead and that works so is there an InfoPath constraint here?
    I really need to keep visibility of the field on the form so the users can see the original errors and correct them, so hiding the field is not ideal.
    The multi select list box field is receiving data from another sharepoint list as it's source for available selections in the multi select list, might this be a factor?
    I found this post on something similar but not sure I follow or if it's the same - https://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/40094/123803.aspx#123803
    Thanks
    Mark
  • 09-07-2021 06:07 AM In reply to

Re: Making a multi select list box read only

Or can I conditionally set the view where the fields are to read only?
    This could also work as I don't want the users to edit any fields on the view once it gets to a particular stage in the process

Thanks !
  • 09-07-2021 08:07 AM In reply to

You can't conditionally set a view to read only. You could just display the data differently if the form is at a certain stage, or have a second view that is read only and switch to that in your form load rules based on status / stage.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-07-2021 08:27 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary
    Yes thinking further the read only view is easier to implement and achieves the same goal
    Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.