Unable to submit more that two items with same ID. if i do it will overwrite with last one - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Unable to submit more that two items with same ID. if i do it will overwrite with last one

Last post 08-31-2021 08:13 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-18-2021 05:00 AM

• Netaji
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2019
    • Posts 8

Unable to submit more that two items with same ID. if i do it will overwrite with last one

Hi All, First off all i have created a form where all are Drop-down fields. there is a column called APPID (dropdown) and next is NewID. so logic is if user select "others" option from ID dropdown then it will hide and NewID will appear to allow enter any ID. suppose i enter 1 and submit the form then for same if i want to submit another record and open form then Under UD drop down "Others" and "1" value will be there. i achieved this , simply submit one record as "others " option and create a Data retrieve connection so now it working fine But the issue if i submit the 2 record with same id (eg; 101) then it will work , same if i try with third time then it will overwrite with second record . Unable to submit more than 2 items with same ID. Need help Thanks
  • 08-18-2021 10:46 AM In reply to

Re: Unable to submit more that two items with same ID. if i do it will overwrite with last one

Is this a list form? Or a regular InfoPath form? I'm really not sure what is causing the overwrite - and it would depend on the type of form. Feel free to attach the form to a reply under the options tab if you'd like me to take a look.

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-18-2021 10:56 AM In reply to

• Netaji
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2019
    • Posts 8

Re: Unable to submit more that two items with same ID. if i do it will overwrite with last one

Sure, I have attached my form. information submitting in SharePoint list . problem is i am if i submit the record with ID 100. the i can able to submit only 2 record. if i try 3rd one then it will replace with 2nd one. Thanks,
  • 08-18-2021 11:08 AM In reply to

Ok, this is a regular InfoPath form that submits to a library. Your form submit is set up to concat the APPID and NewID for the name, and the connection is set to overwrite if it exists. So yeah, if anyone enters the same APPID / NewID combo, you'll end up with overwrites. What do you want to have happen if someone selects the same combination in a number of forms? I usually add a field to the data source for form name, set it on submit (including the current date/time to ensure uniqueness) and then use that for the form name in my submit connection.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-18-2021 11:23 AM In reply to

• Netaji
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2019
    • Posts 8

I have create a form where there is field called ID (dropdown) and NewID (Textbox). created column in SharePoint called 'Application ID' (Concat ID +NewID value). created one normal record as 'others' and that reflect in ID (dropdown value). Now i have created a retrieve connection from same SharePoint list with value NewID. and published the form. Suppose, i select under ID as 'Others' then ID field will Hide and NewID field is appear to allow me enter ID. and i enter 100. and submit the form. Now i will come back and open new form and under ID dropdown can see 'Others' and 100 ID value. It will allow me to submit one more record with ID 100. if try with 3rd time then it will be overwrite with recent one. Need Help!
  • 08-18-2021 04:45 PM In reply to

If the fields you are using to create the form name result in the same value, and if your form is set to overwrite (it is), this is the expected outcome. I recommend you use something unique for your form name.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-18-2021 08:49 PM In reply to

• Netaji
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2019
    • Posts 8

How do i change my document name . please suggest. Thanks
  • 08-19-2021 08:23 AM In reply to

I already did make a suggestion on this. I usually add a field to the data source for form name, set it on submit (including the current date/time to ensure uniqueness) and then use that for the form name in my submit connection. I should add - the condition to set the form's name should be that it only gets set when blank. I've made this change in a copy of your form. Right click the attachment in the header and save the file locally. Right click the locally saved file and select Design to open in design mode.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-19-2021 08:25 AM In reply to

• Netaji
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2019
    • Posts 8

Hi Hilary, Can you please help me change the document name with unique name. Thanks
  • 08-23-2021 07:54 AM In reply to

• Netaji
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-27-2019
    • Posts 8

Can anyone help me ? how to set unique name of documnet. Thanks
  • 08-31-2021 08:13 AM In reply to

Have you looked at the sample I attached? Can you tell me what isn't making sense to you in the sample or my other posts? Where are you stuck?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.