Override a default field value from a data connection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Override a default field value from a data connection

Last post 06-18-2021 04:39 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2021 10:27 AM

Override a default field value from a data connection

Hi,

I am trying to override a field value that has a default value which has been pulled in from a data connection. When the field is blank I want to set the value "N/A".  My form field is a text field that is pulling in a date from a library data connection and then taking a substring of it into MM/DD/YYYY format.  I am using a simple rule with a condition where if formField A is blank set formField A to "N/A". I have also tried setting the condition to be where if the data connection field is blank set formField A to "N/A".  Neither is working.  Another important note is that I have the same rule and default value setup on other fields and if the fields are not blank (contain dates), the rule works as intended.  Any ideas on how to set this field's value when blank? 

Thanks, 

• 06-18-2021 04:39 PM In reply to

Re: Override a default field value from a data connection

Well- that's weird that some rules like this work and this one doesn't. Is the default in all of them set to change if the data source is updated? I don't like default values - I prefer to use rules all the time, because I'm a control freak. You could test removing the default value (just temporarily) to verify the issue is not with your rule that sets it to N/A, that may be worth a try.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.