Cert not working anymore, should have been good to 2024 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cert not working anymore, should have been good to 2024

Last post 06-10-2021 12:27 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2021 09:27 AM

Cert not working anymore, should have been good to 2024

Hi, I've had a form that I have been using for many years. I was making some updates and when I tried to save it I got a message that the Cert is not available or invalid. I thought I had the original steps I used to create and apply the Cert, but unfortunately, I cannot find them. I think I used some of the steps from Mel Balsamo's instructions but I do not have a database that the form is using, so I know I did not use all of them. When I go to the Advanced Form Options, Form Options, Security and Trust, I can see the Certificate that I had created (good to 2024), but when I follow through with what I think are the logical steps to install and apply, it still does not work Are there instructions for how to do this? Let me know if you need more information. Thank you in advance.
  • 06-09-2021 09:22 AM In reply to

Re: Cert not working anymore, should have been good to 2024

So, you are selecting the cert in the form's trust options, then republishing? And then what happens, the form still won't open? You may need to update the template in your cache or remove it - you can do that by opening InfoPath Filler, go to the New menu, right click the template and get updates or remove....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-09-2021 03:26 PM In reply to

BTW, I'm using Infopath 2010. The problem isn't opening the form, the problem is trying to save or publish it. I get the same message in either case. I always make a copy of the current form (with a different name) that I make updates to and when finished, publish that using the current form's name and location. So when I look in InfoPath Filler this "copy" is not there. If I open the current (published) form and try to save it, I also get this message about the Cert. I'm pretty sure that the Cert. is available, I've gone into the Advanced Form Options and selected the Cert, imported the cert etc. While writing this I've been trying stuff. When I went to "View Certificate" it says "Theis CA Root certificate is not trusted. To enable trust, install this certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store." Maybe this is it? How do I do that? I don't remember having to do this before.
  • 06-10-2021 09:54 AM In reply to

So - I can see the certificates I use for form signing show the same message on View Certificate (probably because they are personal certificates). Since you can select the certificate in Advanced form options, it seems like it must be installed on your machine, but the errors from InfoPath indicate otherwise. I'd be happy to email you a cert you can try - I have a self-signed cert I've used for full trust forms that doesn't expire till 2040. You could install it and give it a try.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-10-2021 10:53 AM In reply to

The company I work for hires outside IT. This morning remembered that they had a security update and we all had to change all of our passwords. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it? I've notified them about this problem and am hoping that it is something they can clear up. I will keep you updated. If you want to send me that cert I will certainly take it, it will last past my retirement and I won't have to worry about it anymore. How do I get you my email address? Actually, I think you already have it from an issue you helped me with back on 4/20/2020.
  • 06-10-2021 12:10 PM In reply to

I can just get your email for your forum account from the admin tools - I'll send it along shortly.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-10-2021 12:27 PM In reply to

Hopefully you received the zip I sent with the cert (not sure if some email servers might not block that file). Let me know if not, I can always attach it here. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.