Multiple Select Drop Down List Box - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multiple Select Drop Down List Box

Last post 05-05-2021 04:15 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-28-2021 04:33 AM

Multiple Select Drop Down List Box

I have read all 73 posts that you have on Multiple Select Drop Down List boxes populating a text field and was able to use the eval(eval…...solution. The form I am working on now has one drop down that functions correctly. I have two drop downs though and the second is filtered. In the text boxes for the first one the rules first set the field to group then the second sets the field to the eval(eval….. This works perfect but the second drop down doesn't give me the same result in the text boxes I wind up with a , in the box.  Not sure why but I am assuming that what is causing it is the filter on the drop down list. Can you confirm this and if so is there a fix?

VR,

Donna Soraparu 

• 05-05-2021 09:02 AM In reply to

Re: Multiple Select Drop Down List Box

I'm not sure w/out looking at the form. If you'd attach a copy under the Options tab in a reply I'd be happy to take a look. However, it could be that you are seeing the default blank item in multi-selects, so you may need to filter the group in your double eval to not include blanks. Simple sample attached - save the file locally, right click and select Design, then you can preview.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-05-2021 11:23 AM In reply to

I did this a little differently than other people. In the Change Existing View the feature involves Group 5 a filtered Multi select field that is filtered by the users MSA assigned. Group 6 is unfiltered and is seen if the user IsAdmin. Group 6 works as follows selections are made then by clicking the "Done" button the rule sets the value of "Text1" to Group. Then "Text1" field has a rule to set value of "Field81" to eval(eval(Value[. != ""], 'concat(., ", ")'), "..") This works perfect. But for Group 5 which is configured exactly the same it does not. Once I click "Done" it doesn't populate "Field83".  Any help would be appreciated.

• 05-05-2021 04:15 PM In reply to

Re: Multiple Select Drop Down List Box

The rule on field84 is setting field83 using a double eval with the value from group 6. So that may be the issue. You could just set field83 directly from the done button as well, instead of setting a field and then setting another field. At any rate - here's the XPath for the expression on field84 right now: xdMath:Eval(xdMath:Eval(../my:group6/Value[. != ""], 'concat(., ", ")'), "..") - see the "group6" in there? That may be your issue....
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.