Does Incrementing Form Numbers using MAX + 1 Work in FV - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Does Incrementing Form Numbers using MAX + 1 Work in FV

Last post 04-05-2021 07:39 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-01-2021 06:16 AM

Does Incrementing Form Numbers using MAX + 1 Work in FV

I use this process for all of my forms, but am now trying to use FV. I create a field and promote it (whole numbers only) called NumID. Just before saving, I query the document library to see if there are any occurrences of NumID - If there are, I ask for Max +1. If there aren't, I ask to set the number at 1001 in my current record and then save/close. I'm not getting any results. NumID field remains blank. 

• 04-01-2021 03:15 PM In reply to

Re: Does Incrementing Form Numbers using MAX + 1 Work in FV

FormsViewer supports InfoPath functions such as max, yes. I would start by verifying my query and returned data are what I expect - I'm guessing you are querying the library without using any query fields? Is the data you expect returned? If this issue is with the same form as the one you'd sent me earlier on a different issue, I see in the submit logic that you are only setting the field if TB_Attachent-FileName is blank.... could that be part of the issue?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-05-2021 07:18 AM In reply to

That was the same file, but I was not done with the NumID rules yet - I changed the second part of the rule to state that NumID (the field I want to populate) is blank (not TB_Attachmet-FileName), but still no success - I'll send the latest template via e-mail. For my query, I am pulling Title, Num_ID (Num ID), ID, and Modified. If there are no occurrences of NumID in the document library, I state to set NumID to 1001. If there are, bring back the maximum number and add 1. I have disabled both rules (one at a time) and still got nothing. HOWEVER, I am now receiving this error message when uploading a template to FV. I tried deleting the template I have been working on and reloading, but same message: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.TemplateFiles'PK__Template__3214EC270566B69F in database 'FormsViewer' because the 'FormsViewerFS' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.
  • 04-05-2021 07:39 AM In reply to

You are using FormsViewer on-prem, and will need to talk to your DBA or server admin about this error. This error is being returned from your SQL database. Please send or attach a copy of your template if you need help with troubleshooting your rules.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.