Sharepoint 2013 Form Library - Unusual Storage issue - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sharepoint 2013 Form Library - Unusual Storage issue

Last post 03-31-2021 04:05 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-29-2021 03:16 PM

Sharepoint 2013 Form Library - Unusual Storage issue

Hi All, I have an issue with a Sharepoint 2013 Form library reaching capacity. When looking at Storage metrics, there are hundreds of files in there that are >300 mb - These are all items with an associated Infopath form. When I look into this further, they seem to have thousands of version's per file which is pumping up the size as when I clear them down to, let's say 100 from 11,500 - I gain significant space back. Can anyone guide me as to what could be causing so many versions to a file? I also have a Nintex workflow running in the background but can't see anything that could be causing this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Jayson
  • 03-30-2021 02:10 PM In reply to

Re: Sharepoint 2013 Form Library - Unusual Storage issue

So - versioning is on in the library - doesn't checking the versions show the account making the updates?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-30-2021 02:45 PM In reply to

It shows the users who have done the updates however, it's across random users and the version history is showing a version created every minute or every few minutes in these instances. Example: One I looked at yesterday had a version created every minute from 8:15pm to 8:57pm - overall versions was 14,792. I spoke to the user this morning and she wasn't even working at 8:15pm. At 22 kb per version these all start to add up and consume significant space. Greatly appreciate your response as always Hilary. - Jayson
  • 03-30-2021 02:51 PM In reply to

Oh that feels like some kind of a loop or something, don't you think? I'm not super Nintex savvy, but if a user changes something and then Nintex runs and changes the same thing - would it run under the user's account? That is, is it possible the workflow is changing the form and that's firing the workflow again?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-31-2021 03:56 PM In reply to

Completely agree with you Hilary, I think it's something wrong in the Nintex workflow that is causing a loop. I can do/work with basic Nintex workflows however this one is quite complex. My thing is, wouldn't that then happen for all users? This seems to be only happening to random users, on random files at random times. There is no consistency or pattern to this problem. I might try a Nintex forum. However just for context this is the workflow (high-level) maybe you can see an issue? If Dropdown box = Value Then Column1 = Today() Else If Dropdown box = Value Then Column2 = Today() This loops through 33 different values in the Dropdown box - That is essentially the workflow. With some e-mail triggers to the originator when certain values are selected in Dropdown box. For the Workflow Settings, I have it set to start when items are created and also to Start when items are modified (with conditions being whenever a value in the Dropdown box is set to any of the 33 values). Hope that makes sense. If you're unsure Hilary, no problem at all I always appreciate your help in this forum ! - Jayson
  • 03-31-2021 04:05 PM In reply to

Does Nintex show you the history of its runs? Like, I know with SharePoint Designer Workflow we can at least look at the item's workflow history to see how many times the workflow has run.... it may be a way to at least determine if the workflow is the culprit?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.