How to display the attachment from InfoPath form to SharePoint document library. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to display the attachment from InfoPath form to SharePoint document library.

Last post 03-22-2021 09:20 AM by Evanz. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-16-2021 12:27 PM

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 69

How to display the attachment from InfoPath form to SharePoint document library.

Hi,

My InfoPath form is required to attach a document, but I want to make sure users will be able to see/check it if they attach the correct file. So, I wonder is it possible to display the attachment from InfoPath to SharePoint document library, so that users can see/check the attached document is the right one? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,  

• 03-22-2021 08:24 AM In reply to

Re: How to display the attachment from InfoPath form to SharePoint document library.

This isn't going to be possible out of the box (if I understand your desired outcome correctly - you want to promote the name of the attachment to the library columns?). You'd need to use third-party tools (like qRules, FormsViewer) or custom code to get the attachment name.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-22-2021 09:20 AM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 69

Re: How to display the attachment from InfoPath form to SharePoint document library.

Hi Hilary,

Yes, you're correct that I want to promote the name of the attachment to the library columns. If this is out of the box, that's fine as I think it's not easy to custom code to get the attachment name. Thank you for your prompt response! Much appreciated:)  

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.