Current Username not working on MS Edge - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Current Username not working on MS Edge

Last post 03-03-2021 08:09 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-02-2021 10:08 AM

Current Username not working on MS Edge

I have a form that reads the Current UserID, Username, Current User Email address etc from the SharePoint server. It works fine on Internet Explorer, but the function is not working on Microsoft Edge. On MS Edge, the userID is getting picked up, but with errors. For example it displays the Username as: i:0#.w|server\john.d instead of just \server\john.d Moreover, the other values such as Username, Email address etc are not getting picked up from the server either. Apparently there are many issues with SharePoint and the new MS Edge. Does anyone know what can be done to fix this issue? Thank you.
  • 03-03-2021 08:09 AM In reply to

Re: Current Username not working on MS Edge

Hi - sorry I didn't get back to you via email. So - I think the issue you have is that sometimes there is a claims prefix (i:0#.w|) on your user name. I would not expect this to be an issue based on browser, however, but environment. At any rate, if you substring off the i:0#.w| and then set your Account query field to that prior to running the query, does that work? I still have a copy of your form - I'll email it back to you with some logic changes that may help with this.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.