Merging Different Forms With Repeating Tables, New Column Is Un-Editable - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Merging Different Forms With Repeating Tables, New Column Is Un-Editable

Last post 02-22-2021 02:40 AM by Shaun. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2021 11:03 AM

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 9

Merging Different Forms With Repeating Tables, New Column Is Un-Editable

Hi,

Using InfoPath 2013, I have a form which I want to use the merge form function in File >> Share, to bring data from a different form.

This is working due to taking the same template and then adding another column into the expanding tables and uploading the form as a new title.

The problem I have is that the new column which is not being populated with data becomes in-editable. Is there a way to allow this be edited to input further data without code?

If I manually put the data in the field works fine. only rows that have been merged do not.

Thanks

Shaun

• 02-19-2021 10:30 AM In reply to

Re: Merging Different Forms With Repeating Tables, New Column Is Un-Editable

My guess would be that this is because the field is not present in the merged data. I don't think there is a way to add that without code. Are you able to save the XML after merging? If you re-open it, does the built in upgrade.xsl add the field?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-22-2021 02:40 AM In reply to

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 9

Re: Merging Different Forms With Repeating Tables, New Column Is Un-Editable

Hi,

I was having a little think over the weekend and I believe I have managed to solve it.

On the original table (Form 1), I have placed in another column so this table now matches the same as Form 2, but have hidden the column on Form 1 by making it zero width so it cannot be seen.

I have then changed the formula on Form 2 to consider the additional column being the variation amount. and everything seems to be working.

I will run through the form during the week and confirm this is the (or a) solution.

Thanks

Shaun
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.