How to get data from Repeating Table Inside a Repeating Section and display it in email table format - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to get data from Repeating Table Inside a Repeating Section and display it in email table format

Last post 02-03-2021 08:22 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2021 09:14 AM

• OsIRIs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-28-2021
    • Posts 4

How to get data from Repeating Table Inside a Repeating Section and display it in email table format

Hi, I have created an InfoPath Form with a repeating table which is inside a Repeating Section. What I want to do is to get all the data from the Repeating Table and also the Repeating Section in an email format. Preferably in a table format where the data will make sense to the user I know on how to get data from Repeating table alone by user the double eval function and was able to have the Repeating Table data formatted into a table format in the email body but I am struggling to get the data from the Repeating Table and Repeating Section altogether and show it in the email. I am using Nintex for the workflow
  • 02-02-2021 08:31 AM In reply to

Re: How to get data from Repeating Table Inside a Repeating Section and display it in email table format

I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with Nintex. Can you email a specific view? If so, you could perhaps format a view to look the way the you want....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-02-2021 08:54 AM In reply to

• OsIRIs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-28-2021
    • Posts 4

Re: How to get data from Repeating Table Inside a Repeating Section and display it in email table format

Hi, So in order to create the HTML Table in the email, I created a field to store the values of the Repeating Table called HTMLString and promote this field as Multiple Line of Text. Upon clicking on Submit button, i added a double eval action to store the values from the Repeating table into the HTMLString field. Attached is the screenshot from the email and also from the InfoPath Form. If the repeating table is inside a Repeating Section, the table becomes a bit haywire and I'm stuck on how to display the data in a table format which is comprehensible
  • 02-02-2021 10:43 AM In reply to

I put together a quick test, and HTML seems to be correctly formed (attached here - save the file locally, right click and select Design, then preview) - I'm using the nested repeating group for the first argument in the double-eval? I'm just not sure what the issue you are running into with your HTML string is - can you paste the sample HTML into a text file or something and attach it here?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-03-2021 12:47 AM In reply to

• OsIRIs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-28-2021
    • Posts 4

Hi, The question is if there is a field in the Repeating Section, how do i group them together with the Repeating Table associated with that specific Repeating Section in HTML format? I have added a new field in the Sample Form and have attached it again
  • 02-03-2021 07:59 AM In reply to

I see. How would that data relate? Do you want that field in the same table, in a TD? So it would repeat for each row that is in the repeating section?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-03-2021 08:16 AM In reply to

• OsIRIs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-28-2021
    • Posts 4

Oh great. I tested it seems to be ok eventho field5 keeps on repeating itself on each line but i guess that should be good enough and the table is still comprehensible in the email. Let me give this a try and check the full result but I think you might have helped me big time on this one. :)
  • 02-03-2021 08:22 AM In reply to

Right - having the data from the section repeat for each line was the only thing I could think of for a table format. That doesn't mean the HTML couldn't be formatted differently - If you have a screenshot of how you'd like this to look, I can see if we can do that via HTML and this type of formula....
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.