Failing to execute InfoPath Automation - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Failing to execute InfoPath Automation

Last post 01-26-2021 08:38 AM by Itzik. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2021 08:38 AM

• Itzik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-22-2021
    • Posts 1

Failing to execute InfoPath Automation

I've migrated from SharePoint 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2 to SharePoint 2016 on Windows Server 2019(!!!) Datacenter (Desktop Experience). On Win2012 Server I had an exe file (written in C#) doing InfoPath Automation successfully. This exe file is activated from SP Custom WF activity as a separate process with the same Credentials that run the Application Pool running the SharePoint Web Application. InfoPath 2013 is installed on the server (both for Win2012 server and Win2019 server). The InfoPath Automation creates a new document (using the NewFromSolution method) based on InfoPath template stored within SharePoint Forms Library. When migrated to Windows Server 2019 that exe file works successfully ONLY when activated manually - i.e. by clicking on it within the Windows File Explorer, while being logged in with the same credentials mentioned above. When activated by Custom WF activity, or by SP Event-Receiver (yes, I've tried also Event-Receiver for the sake of trying to pinpoint the cause of the problem) - that exe file always fails on the InfoPath Automation for creating a new document - i.e. it always fails on the NewFromSolution method. I've tried for NewFromSolution method either InfoPath template stored within SharePoint Forms Library, and a templated stored within the Server's local disk. When setting credentials for the created process (as described above) it fails: InfoPath cannot open a new form. The form cannot be opened .To fix this problem ,contact the form designer... InfoPath cannot open a new form. To open the file, access to the following form template is required... When no credentials are set for the created process (i.e. the created process runs under its parent's credentials) it fails: InfoPath cannot open a new form. The form cannot be opened .To fix this problem ,contact the form designer... The form template: ... Access is denied. Please advise / help. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.