Background Image in Table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Background Image in Table

Last post 12-18-2020 11:00 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2020 12:17 PM

Background Image in Table

I am tying to get a background image to be transparent or the form to scroll over the image.

Using win 10 enter - Info Designer 2013

I created the form from blank.
    Added the text boxes, etc.
    Saved form as template- no publish

Tried:
    View Properties -> background section -> check box 'use a background picture' select pic.
    -->it then puts the picture in the background just not in the table where I would like it to be.

Tried: (2)
    Exporting source files (publish->export source files)
    Go to source files - open 'view1.xsl' in text editor (use notepad ++ )
    On line 233(in notepad ++) I change <body> to <body style="background-image:url('image001.jpg')">
    ->following http://madhubhashini.blogspot.com/2014/05/how-to-apply-background-image-in.html

2:
    ->able to get the table to get the picture inserted into the table background. Issue is that the background also
    has/had the picture, duplicated.
    ->tried to remove the background - it took it out from table

Tried:: (3)
    Created new form-> no fields added.
    Exported source files.
    Opened source file 'view1.xsl'
    changed line 233 to <body style="background-image:url('image001.jpg')">
    --> this allowed table image to be in the table only.
    ---> this was nice until trying to add fields to the table - will not allow to add over the background image (asks like just inserted pic)

Any help or guidance would be great.

this will be on sharepoint in end result

• 12-17-2020 07:14 PM In reply to

See attached sample. Save the file locally, right click and select design, then preview. I added an image as a resource file, then saved the form as source files. Then I modified the style on the table element in the view XSL to use the image: style="WORD-WRAP: break-word; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; WIDTH: 805px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; TABLE-LAYOUT: fixed; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; background:url('texture.jpg')"
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-18-2020 08:09 AM In reply to

Re: Background Image in Table

Thank you for the help, I was able to get it the way I would like it.

-side question: why does it seem like "texture.jpg" is hard coded into form? (see below)

- I used your sample as a template/practice form. I exported the source files to see how it was configured (helps me seeing it). I see the 'texture.jpg' file, listed. I noticed it was layered for each text box/little table. Using sample I copied in another picture(different name). Changed the veiw.xsl, where 'texture.jpg' is listed renamed to picture I wanted to use. Saved file and reopened form and it didn't show the updated photo, infact didn't show any photo. I ran a few other tests, still didn't get it to work with photo wanted. So last thing to try to was to rename wanted photo to 'texture', it worked. I then played with the setting a little bit more and got it to work the way I would like it, again thanks.

• 12-18-2020 08:18 AM In reply to

I added the picture as a resource file first. So, under the data tab in the ribbon, click on resource files. That's where I added the photo, which also adds it to the source files, and a reference to it in the manifest. Then I could use it as a background.

Hilary Stoupa

• 12-18-2020 11:00 AM In reply to

I'm sorry, I didn't notice in your original post that this is supposed to be a browser form. I think a view hack like this will not be supported in a browser form - that once you publish the image won't show.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.