Use saved .XSN for the "customize in infopath" form for another/new list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Use saved .XSN for the "customize in infopath" form for another/new list

Last post 12-03-2020 12:52 PM by ipisors. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-27-2020 10:26 AM

Use saved .XSN for the "customize in infopath" form for another/new list

I have a sharepoint list where I Customized in Infopath button (to bring up infopath and edit the default form and publish it). Now I'm making a new (identical) list, and I want to use the same form, a copy, basically. I noticed that I can Save As the OLD form (in infopath), and then Open it in infopath, but there is no way to change the Main Data Connection (to the new list). How can I do this? There must be SOME way?
  • 12-02-2020 07:41 AM In reply to

Re: Use saved .XSN for the "customize in infopath" form for another/new list

I've not worked with list forms much, but have you tried saving the entire list as a template in SharePoint then creating a new list from the template? I am pretty sure that will include the form, and then the form's main data connection will be to the new list.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 12-03-2020 12:52 PM In reply to

Re: Use saved .XSN for the "customize in infopath" form for another/new list

After posting that message I realized that was another option - but I didn't have permissions to do it. I'll have to see about if someone else does
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.