InfoPath 2013 form with multiple Date Picker fields containing a formula to not allow entries for past dates. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2013 form with multiple Date Picker fields containing a formula to not allow entries for past dates.

Last post 11-04-2020 04:44 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2020 08:17 AM

InfoPath 2013 form with multiple Date Picker fields containing a formula to not allow entries for past dates.

InfoPath 2013 form with multiple Date Picker fields containing a formula to not allow entries for past dates.  The form has one required Date Picker field and 3 not required Date Picker fields.  I want to allow the one required Date Picker field when the form is submitted to not demand a date be entered in any of the other Date Picker fields. 

• 11-02-2020 03:44 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2013 form with multiple Date Picker fields containing a formula to not allow entries for past dates.

Well, I'm not sure I understand this. I'm guessing you are using custom validation and need to modify the validation formulas to allow the date pickers to be blank if the required date picker is set? Feel free to attach your form, or a sample that demonstrates the issue, to a reply under the options tab and I'll take a look.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-02-2020 04:48 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2013 form with multiple Date Picker fields containing a formula to not allow entries for past dates.

Hi Hilary,

I have an existing form with 3 Attachment fields, and I'm being asked to add another Attachment field, a Required field, called Preferred Completion Date, that is part of the form that is submitted.  Another request is to make all 4 fields to not accept dates from the past.  I've created the Preferred Completion Date list column with this formula, =PreferredCompletionDate>=TODAY()  The other 3 Attachment fields are not Required and are in the section of the form that is filled in by the staff that receive the form when it's submitted.  Is there a way to make these 3 fields also not accept dates from the past and allow the form to be submitted when they do not contain data?  Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you.

• 11-03-2020 04:20 PM In reply to

If you are using validation on the column in SharePoint, I'd think you could use an "and" formula and include a condition that the date field is not blank. I'm confused about your mention of attachment fields tho - a list form can only have a single, repeating attachment field?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-04-2020 04:24 PM In reply to

I apologize Hilary, I'm working on 2 issues with this form. I meant to say Date Picker field above instead of Attachment field.  Please see if this makes more sense.

I have an existing form with 3 Date Picker fields, and I'm being asked to add another Date Picker field, a Required field, called Preferred Completion Date, that is part of the form that is submitted.  Another request is to make all 4 fields to not accept dates from the past.  I've created the Preferred Completion Date list column with this formula, =PreferredCompletionDate>=TODAY()  The other 3 Attachment fields are not Required and are in the section of the form that is filled in by the staff that receive the form when it's submitted.  Is there a way to make these 3 fields also not accept dates from the past, and allow the form to be submitted when they do not contain data?  Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you

• 11-04-2020 04:44 PM In reply to

Were you able to try my suggestion and in the column settings in SharePoint use an and function to combine your current logic with a not blank? So that the formula basically says "If this date field is NOT blank AND this date field >= Today, it is invalid"? I don't know the SharePoint formula syntax offhand but let me know if you need help with that.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.