InfoPath web part opens wrong form for other users. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath web part opens wrong form for other users.

Last post 10-19-2020 10:19 AM by granDelimiter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2020 01:08 PM

InfoPath web part opens wrong form for other users.

Hello again, I have a very odd problem. I have a list in Sharepoint with customized forms via InfoPath. One of the views in InfoPath is called Repeater. It displays all the records in the list via a secondary data source. Then on a different sharepoint page (the site homepage) I added an InfoPath form webpart and set it to display the Repeater view. It works fine for me, but when my colleagues open the homepage the webpart displays not the Repeater form, but the New Item form. They may both have superior permissions (could get in even if the site permission exclude them). We tried tweaking a few of the other setting on the web part. We tried adding a second webpart to the homepage in case something was corrupted, but same problem with the second one. Any idea what could cause the webpart to open the wrong form? Thanks
  • 10-19-2020 08:12 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath web part opens wrong form for other users.

How odd. Nothing in the Form Load rules that might cause the view to change when the form is opened?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-19-2020 10:19 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath web part opens wrong form for other users.

Thanks Hilary, Good instinct; it was a form load rule. I was restricting access and it didn't occur to me that that would affect a form load on a different page. In the meantime I discovered a new synergy: On the Home page we are now using a SharePoint list view web part, which works fine with the InfoPath forms and calls the InfoPath new item form. That also solves the other problem I had, where after submitting a new item form the browser would be at the list page. Now it returns to the Home page. Best
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.