Use SP Event Calendar with InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Use SP Event Calendar with InfoPath

Last post 08-27-2020 05:30 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2020 02:43 PM

Use SP Event Calendar with InfoPath

Hi Again! I have an event calendar in SharePoint which I love because I can use calendar overlay to create a color-coded calendar to highlight the different categories. But there is no obvious "customize with InfoPath" on the ribbon. I need InfoPath to do field level restrictions to read-only for some users. Can I create an InfoPath form elsewhere and link it to the SP calendar? Any other ideas? Thanks
  • 08-27-2020 08:45 AM In reply to

Re: Use SP Event Calendar with InfoPath

I don't remember what version of SharePoint you are using - but is it on-prem? Do you have access to SharePoint designer? Perhaps an approach like this one will work for you: https://www.c5insight.com/Resources/Blog/tabid/148/entryid/193/how-to-make-sharepoint-list-form-fields-read-only-without-infopath.aspx

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-27-2020 10:43 AM In reply to

Thanks Hillary, The SharePoint is part of Office 365 (online, 32 bit). I have SharePoint Designer 2013. So far the only change I've made using Designer is to change 2 default fields in a Content Type from Optional to Hidden. Does 2013 sound like the best version of Designer for me? The solution you point to looks great, on the surface at least. It purports to make permissions in a SP list manageable at the field level, something everyone says is impossible. I'll try messing around with it when I have more time. It looks like it might involve more code manipulation than I am allowed to do in this lab. I'll let you know. I hope you're having a great summer. Peter
  • 08-27-2020 05:30 PM In reply to

SharePoint designer 2013 is the latest (last) version. And to the best of my knowledge still compatible with SharePoint Online.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.