Approve Button - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Approve Button

Last post 08-23-2020 02:31 AM by hjsh01. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-20-2020 11:46 AM

• hjsh01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2020
    • Posts 7

Approve Button

Hi all, I am creating a approval template but am stuck with the conditions set which does not run properly, hope to get some help from here. 1. I have created 3 drop down list called "height", "Over 170", "status" and 1 text field "LastUpdated" 2. "Height" drop down list contain: low,medium, high. "Over 170" drop down list contain: yes, no. "Status" drop down list contain: initial, measurement, confirm measurement, sent to testing, pending submission, approved. 3. I have created a button called "Approve" 4. I have set the following rules for "Approve" button: a) on click "Status" = "LastUpdated" b) "Status" = initial, set field's value "Status" to measurement c) "Status" = measurement and "LastUpdated" is not equal to initial, set field's value "Status" to confirm measurement d) "Status" = confirm measurement and "height" is equal to high and "Over 170" is equal to yes and "LastUpdated" is not equal to measurement-> set field's value "Status" to sent to testing. if not set field's value "Status" to pending submission e) "Status" = pending submission / sent to testing, set field's value "Status" to approved I am trying to achieve 2 things: 1) I want to achieve upon approve button is click, then it will move to the next status but as of the current one it jump straight to the last step. I try to use "LastUpdated" as a stopper, but somehow it does not work. 2) I want to achieve a validation at the point of section 4d), but it does not work. Appreciate any help on this.
  • 08-21-2020 08:48 AM In reply to

This is hard for me to understand w/out seeing the form, but you may need to try using the checkbox on action rules to not run following rules if the condition is met. It could be the way you have them set up, all the rules are actually running and the status is being changed several times. But I'm just guessing.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-23-2020 02:31 AM In reply to

• hjsh01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-16-2020
    • Posts 7
    Hi Hilary, I manage to resolved it, thanks for your help!
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.