Buttons to go Next and Back - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Buttons to go Next and Back

Last post 07-16-2020 11:19 AM by ipisors. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2020 11:19 AM

Buttons to go Next and Back

Hi. I desire to provide the user with Back and Next buttons to go to the previous or next record. I have followed some instructions I found on StackExchange, which was basically, to have a button that Set a Field's Value (ID +1 or ID - 1) with an additional action Query for Data. This works! The problem is that it goes to the next ID in the *list*, rather than the *view*. This is of little use to my end users, since 99% of the time, they are working in a limited-purpose VIEW, not the whole list. I have been trying to figure out any way that I could somehow do this. Maybe populate a list of VIEW id's in the form's data connection and go to the next one there, or something. This has been challenging since the more creative controls, like Repeating Table, are only available when I start designing an infopath form in a way I'm not used to, like opening Infopath by itself. (I've only ever created a SP list, then Customize in Infopath button). Anyway, can anyone think of a way that I could trick InfoPath into going to the next ID in that specific VIEW? I have to say I know nothing about xpath. I don't have Sharepoint designer avaiable, just InfoPath 2013 and Sharepoint 2010.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.