Sharepoint View Filter - boolean problems - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sharepoint View Filter - boolean problems

Last post 07-06-2020 09:42 AM by ipisors. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2020 01:00 PM

Sharepoint View Filter - boolean problems

Hi, I have a sharepoint view that needs to be filtered by 3 criteria. I admit being very easily confused by order of boolean operators, although I studied a stack overflow post that purported to make all things clear, I failed to grasp it. I have 3 columns: ShowInPRLView, PRL, and PRLBackup. Stating this goal in easy parentheticals, I need to filter it where: (ShowInPRLView=Yes) and (PRL=[ME] or PRLBackup=[ME]). one requirement, AND, (two ORs). Right now in my List filter I have them in this sequence: First requirement AND second requirement OR third requirement, and it is not working...it's showing items that meet the third requirement only, without the first being met. Any one can help me solve this?
  • 07-06-2020 08:48 AM In reply to

Re: Sharepoint View Filter - boolean problems

So, I just ran a little test, and what worked for me was to have the two "OR" items first in the view filter, then the "AND". Have you tried that?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2020 09:23 AM In reply to

That worked! Thank you. Not surprisingly, this situation where it seems everyone else can grasp the algebraic order of boolean logic and I cannot (especially when it gets more complex), makes me feel like I am back in Algebra class, where similar things happened. LOL
  • 07-06-2020 09:39 AM In reply to

Oh me too. And the minute you take my parentheses away, I'm completely lost. But I just thought since you'd tried AND first perhaps we'd give OR a go. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2020 09:42 AM In reply to

"And the minute you take my parentheses away, I'm completely lost" - Exactly! writing code is so much easier. maybe some day my company will approve us having sharepoint designer. (right now only the admins have it, and any group has to go to the sharepoint admins for $$-project and ask for a workflow or anything like that). Although coming from a VB and SQL background, I guess I'm not sure what I'd do with it given the chance.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.