Best way to copy data from InfoPath form library to SharePoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Best way to copy data from InfoPath form library to SharePoint list

Last post 07-07-2020 09:24 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-02-2020 11:10 AM

Best way to copy data from InfoPath form library to SharePoint list

I am not sure if this is the best option but here goes.

I am in the process of creating new apps for our old InfoPath forms where needed.   In a couple instances these are from an InfoPath forms library but they need to have access to the historical data.

I need the best option for viewing the historical data since we do not have InfoPath in our SharePoint online.   My initial thought was to copy the data from the forms library to a list and then migrate the list to the new site.   Unfortunately I am not well versed in copying xml data to a list with Nintex (our workflow product in SharePoint 2013 on-prem). 

Is this the only option to be able to have the historical data available or is there a better option?

All ideas and suggestions are welcome!

• 07-07-2020 09:24 AM In reply to

Re: Best way to copy data from InfoPath form library to SharePoint list

I wonder if you could migrate the XML to form libraries in your online environment, and then use Power Automate to copy the data into lists? Just this morning, I found out that Microsoft has a migration tool for copying libraries (and other data) from on-prem to online (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointmigration/introducing-the-sharepoint-migration-tool), and Power Automate has some good tools for XML. I've done a webinar on copying XML to lists in Power Automate that might help you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJD-kKexkAM

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.