Datasource based on control values and populating a repeating table. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Datasource based on control values and populating a repeating table.

Last post 07-07-2020 09:20 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-30-2020 09:22 AM

Datasource based on control values and populating a repeating table.

Hi, I am relativly new to Infopath. I am not sure the best board for this question as it involves a few boards. I have an area on a form that has check boxes that represent department titles. Below this I want to have a repeating table that would be populated based on which of the above check-boxes (departments) is checked. I have a secondary list that contains columns for department, username and position. The query would look up the username and position based on the department(s) selected via the checkbox(es). The repeating table would need to contain department, username and position(from the secondary list), and two text fields from the main list based on the department(s) selected in the checkbox(es). Each form created could have from 1 to 10 different departments that are affected. My questions are: 1. How can I create a dynamic data source from the secondary list and main list based on the checkbox(es) selected to populate the repeating table? 2. How can I populate a repeating table with this information, and allow the modification of the text fields from the main list to be modified and updated? The secondary list will never change. I just cant seem to get my brain around this one. Perhaps I am trying to over complicate this. That happens a lot!
  • 07-07-2020 09:20 AM In reply to

Re: Datasource based on control values and populating a repeating table.

Hi - Sorry this was unanswered for so long! Basically, there is no out of the box way to copy repeating data in InfoPath, which, if I understand correctly, you probably need to to here. So, you could instead use default data, if you have a general idea of the max rows that would be returned - here's a video that explains that technique (among other options): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ukzlaQBpM
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.