fx Concat with additional text - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

fx Concat with additional text

Last post 05-19-2020 07:35 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2020 02:07 PM

fx Concat with additional text

Hi! I'm a long time lurker here and always find the answers I'm looking for! I'm hoping someone can help, I have a field (rich text with apend) that I want to record certain information. There are 4 field changes that in want to record which is fine using concat insert field but I also want to add text to show what fields were updated. For example I want it to look "My text: field contents, my text: field contents, my text: field contents" I hope that makes sense!!! I just cannot get it to work!!! Thanks so much in advance for any advice! Dee
  • 05-13-2020 02:27 PM In reply to

Re: fx Concat with additional text

This must be a list form - right? Can you tell me what is not working in your concat, or attach your form under the Options tab in a reply, so I can take a look?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-14-2020 07:23 AM In reply to

Hi, yes it's a list form. I'm messaging off mobile and laptop is in work at the minute so can't attach yet. So on a button push I am updating a field then using the fx button and adding concat I get the "insert field" options in brackets. When I add any other text before the fields the form says the formula is incorrect. I guess I'm looking for the formula layout that will let me add my own text before the field data. Thanks so much for the reply!!!
  • 05-14-2020 07:59 AM In reply to

So - the basic syntax is:

concat("Here is my text: ", field picked from field picker, " and here is more text ", another field picked from field picker)  

Does that help? :) 

Hilary Stoupa

• 05-15-2020 02:00 PM In reply to

Hilary, That I'd exactly what I was looking for thank you so much. I'll try it first thing Monday. Thanks so much again got your help. Dee
  • 05-19-2020 03:35 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary just got a chance to try your solution and it works a dream Thanks so much for your help.
  • 05-19-2020 07:35 AM In reply to

Glad that helped!
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.