InfoPath form in SharePoint - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath form in SharePoint

Last post 05-07-2020 08:03 AM by Jeannette Peairs. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2020 07:21 AM

InfoPath form in SharePoint

Hi, I have an InfoPath form in SharePoint and users would like to have a text box pop up with the data that was entered into the form how can I do this?

Filed under:
  • 05-06-2020 08:17 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath form in SharePoint

So - is this a form used in the browser? If so, there isn't any mechanism for popups in the form itself - dialog box rule actions are only available for Filler forms. What is the problem users are trying to solve with this request? Maybe I can help you brain storm some alternative ideas....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-06-2020 08:29 AM In reply to

No, the form is used in a SharePoint site, they enter data in the form and also have to enter the same data in our other system, they would like a pop up window with the data they entered on the SP form (InfoPath) so they can copy and paste.

• 05-06-2020 08:50 AM In reply to

So - if you are using Filler, you can use a dialog box action - I think those can show a lot of data.... but you could also just add a helper field with a default value of field values concatenated at the bottom of the form (or in another view) that they could copy and paste. I'd probably take the "other view" approach. I've attached a sample. Looks like in Filler at least we can't select labels or calculated values to copy them from the form, but with a read only text box the data can be copied.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-06-2020 10:57 AM In reply to

would this be added to the form that is already in use?

• 05-06-2020 11:02 AM In reply to

It could be? I mean, I guess I don't understand why the dialog box action doesn't solve the issue, if this is Filler - but if using a dialog box action (where you can show the value of the fields using a concat statement) doesn't work for some reason, you could do something like what is in the attached form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-07-2020 05:58 AM In reply to

Maybe I am not asking the question correctly, how would I incorporate the form you attached into the form I already have that is being used by staff now?

• 05-07-2020 07:37 AM In reply to

Well, you would add a field to your main data source that has a default value that concatenates the values you need. Then you would add a view to your form with a text box bound to that new field. I set my text box as read only, and removed borders and shading. In your main view, you could add a button that switches to the new view. Does that make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-07-2020 07:44 AM In reply to

Yes, I created a test List with an InfoPath form and added the field box and it populated the data that was added, can they just copy that text before they submit? I don't want to add any further steps for them.

• 05-07-2020 07:48 AM In reply to

Should be able to - were you able to copy that text before you submitted in your test form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-07-2020 08:03 AM In reply to

Yes, that will work, thank you so much for your help!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.