Exit Button in InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Exit Button in InfoPath

Last post 05-04-2020 03:01 PM by Evanz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-30-2020 09:32 AM

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 36

Exit Button in InfoPath

Hi, As far I know InfoPath does not program an "Exit" button to use. Therefore, is it possible to create an "Exit" button to exit out InfoPath form completely without saving records when users decided not to make edits/changes in the form? Please advise. Thank you so much for your help!

• 05-01-2020 11:09 AM In reply to

Re: Exit Button in InfoPath

There is a close form rule action.... I think it has an option about prompting / not prompting the user on unsaved changes. Does that work for you?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-04-2020 01:29 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 36

Thank you very much for your help. Can you be more specific about prompting/ not prompting the user on unsaved changes? Sorry I am not familiar with these options for a close form rule action. Thanks again. Much appreciated!

• 05-04-2020 02:24 PM In reply to

If the user has not saved changes in the form they are filling out, and if you are using InfoPath Filler (i.e., the client application, not filling out the form in a web browser) when you add a rule action of "Close the form" you have the option of prompting the user to save their changes. See attached, which is from a browser form, thus the checkbox is disabled.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-04-2020 03:01 PM In reply to

• Evanz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2020
    • Posts 36

Awesome. I look into it. Thank you so much for your help and great tools with the screenshot. I really appreciate your quick response as always! Have a great day and stay safe! :-)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.