InfoPath publishing error message - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath publishing error message

Last post 03-25-2020 03:34 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2020 10:54 PM

InfoPath publishing error message

Hi there, I'm very new to InfoPath 2010, i hope you can help me with this issue as i have done a lot of Googling and am still stuck. I created a form couple of months ago. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when i made a change to the form and try to re-publish it, i got this error message: "InfoPath cannot find or cannot access the following Web server: https://somethingsomething.ca/some_site/some_form_library Make sure that the web server name is valid, that your proxy settings are correct, and that you have the necessary permissions to publish to this library. If the server requires you to log on through the browser, log on there and select the option to remember your log on information, then try to publish again." I did not make any changes to my InfoPath form whatsoever until the error day. The Allow management of content types is set to Yes and i am the Site Collection Admin. I tried to follow instructions of going to "site collection administration settings"->"Galleries"->"Form"->"Advanced Settings", then clear the ""enter the url of an existing document template" value, but when i went there it was already cleared. I tried to publish my InfoPath file to a new form library (instead of using my existing one), but when i go to File->Publish->SharePoint Server->Publishing Wizard->entered "location of your SharePoint or InfoPath Form Servces Site:", when i click Next, i get the above error message; my site is in the format of https://something.something.ca One thing I find suspicious is, I also cannot open this site in SharePoint Designer, 2010 whereas i had been able to open it before just a few days ago. The error message is "the server unexpectedly closed the connection". I know that there are a lot of suggestions to fix this but i'm only just wondering if this could be in any way related to the InfoPath issue i have because this started around the same time with the InfoPath issue and it had also been working perfectly fine before. Please help! Thank you, Laura
  • 03-24-2020 08:09 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath publishing error message

Well yuck. This sounds like a bunch of really not helpful errors. I think the first thing I would try, if you haven't already, is restarting the machine that I'm working from. I have seen in the past oddball publishing errors that were cleared up by that. Then, I think the next thing I would try is publishing from a different machine - maybe you have a co-worker who has InfoPath designer installed, or maybe you have another machine you could use? Then, at that point, if I was still having trouble, I'd go talk to my SharePoint Admin and have her check the ULS logs. I would also maybe try running Fiddler while publishing to see if I was able to get a better error message or more info in a trace there.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-25-2020 03:28 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, thank you for your suggestions! I have tried restarting and publishing from another machine, as well as several other things but nothing helped at all. But it turned out that, one of our teams doing some testing on the load balancer and broke some stuff, this caused me to not even able to access my site. The SP admin told me to make some changes to my host file. Once i did that, i was able to access my site. Then i went back to InfoPath, and that error no longer appeared and i was able to publish to my SharePoint site. Issue resolved.

• 03-25-2020 03:34 PM In reply to

Fantastic news - glad that your SP admin was able to help you resolve the issue! Thanks for following up with what resolved it. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.