How to disable or hide button - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to disable or hide button

Last post 03-10-2020 08:27 AM by Netaji J. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2020 08:09 AM

How to disable or hide button

i have a browser based form. There is two field 1. Branch and 2. city . city field is a drop down field which is mapped with data connection. i wanting to do once i choose city from drop-down then only button would be enable else disable. i select formatting and wrote "city is blank" disable the control. but its not working. thanks
  • 03-10-2020 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: How to disable or hide button

So - in my experience, in browser forms, disabling a button doesn't change the formatting. It just makes the button not do anything. Which is obviously a bad experience for the user! I usually use two controls - and show / hide them. See attached for a sample. Save the file locally, right click and select design. Then preview so you can see how it works.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-10-2020 08:02 AM In reply to

Oh really, Actually i tried to hide the butting using "City is blank" then still button is appearing.
  • 03-10-2020 08:07 AM In reply to

Feel free to attach your form if you'd like me to take a look. The usual reason I have this issue is that I've not checked the box to actually hide the control, but another reason may be that the incorrect field has been selected for the condition.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-10-2020 08:18 AM In reply to

ok got it .. another field you used "calculated value" but while creating calculate value appear a dialue box and asking xPath expression something. what need to put there?
  • 03-10-2020 08:26 AM In reply to

You can just put text in quotes: "Submit" for example, or "Button" in my case.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 03-10-2020 08:27 AM In reply to

i am using infopath 2013 and not able to create a calculate values, while creating asking to enter XPath exression
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.