External List Items not performing correctly inside InfoPath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

External List Items not performing correctly inside InfoPath form

Last post 02-13-2020 11:30 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-13-2020 09:49 AM

External List Items not performing correctly inside InfoPath form

I have a form (see attached). When the person selects location, if the different locations have the same email contact, it makes all locations point to one place. Each location is unique. For example: Loc XYZ - email: jaci.tomkinson@company.com Loc ABC - email: jaci.tomkinson@company.com When the user clicks XYZ, then it reverts to ABC How do I fix this? It seems like the problem only occurs if the locations share the same email associated.
  • 02-13-2020 09:52 AM In reply to

Re: External List Items not performing correctly inside InfoPath form

Any chance I can see a copy of the form? Is the locations field using a dropdown or an external item picker or some other type of control?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-13-2020 09:54 AM In reply to

external item picker
  • 02-13-2020 09:57 AM In reply to

Sorry - I'm not finding it on this template - where can I find it? Is it in the repeating table? If you can tell me where to look, I'd be happy to try to help. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-13-2020 10:04 AM In reply to

In the attached InfoPath form, the drop down list are in the Rec and Ship Loc columns. When you click on preview, if you select 154, 164, 165, 208, 209, 211, 213, 216, 217, 218, or 233 they revert to 234 location. The external source is in SharePoint inside the companies firewall, so not sure how I give you access to it.
  • 02-13-2020 10:07 AM In reply to

i tried to attach an excel file with the SP table list items, but keep getting an error message
  • 02-13-2020 10:08 AM In reply to

I see no "Rec" or "Ship Loc" columns. Here are the columns I see in the form you attached.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-13-2020 10:10 AM In reply to

Oh, perhaps you mean the list box on Ship Plant? Your value is set to email, and since email is not unique, you'll have the result you describe. You'll want to change that value to something unique, then you can get the email with an XPath filter if needed.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-13-2020 10:15 AM In reply to

Well darn, I have it set as email because when the user clicks submit it sends notification to the contact tied to that plant. Do I need to create a hidden field that puts the email in it and then use that field to send the notification too??
  • 02-13-2020 10:34 AM In reply to

Yup, that's what you'll have to do.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-13-2020 10:39 AM In reply to

thanks for investigating...it proves i'm always overlooking something...:-)
  • 02-13-2020 11:21 AM In reply to

so would my hidden files value be something like this: xdXDocument:GetDOM("MDList")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Email[. = current()/../my:Ship] As that's what I put but no value is returning. Help? What I want to happen is when a person selects a location, the workflow would email the contact affiliated with the plant selected. For example: Loc XYZ email jaci.tomkinson@company.com Loc = XYZ Hidden Field = Email assoc with Loc XYZ When you fill out form and press submit, Email for XYZ is sent.
  • 02-13-2020 11:30 AM In reply to

You were super close - just missing the "Plant" from the MDList in your XPath filter. Try this: xdXDocument:GetDOM("MDList")/dfs:myFields/dfs:dataFields/d:SharePointListItem_RW/d:Email[../d:Plant = current()/../my:Ship]
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.