infopath lists going from development to production - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

infopath lists going from development to production

Last post 02-06-2020 01:50 PM by granDelimiter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2020 11:56 AM

infopath lists going from development to production

I have lists and forms tested and ready to put into production. My instinct is to use the instrument I have been working on, in the same place, and just delete all the test records I have created. When I save these things as templates and reconstitute them, there is a bit of uncertainty. In doing it I have seen some unexplained weird thinks here and there. If I reconstitute empty lists and do any testing then I'm back where I started, with test records in place. I do have copies in a subsite for experimentation and bug fix work. Is there any downside to just deleting test records on the initial instrument as the production copy? Thanks.
  • 02-06-2020 12:47 PM In reply to

Re: infopath lists going from development to production

I would just delete the test records and make your current, tested site the live production site. The List IDs in the lists will not start at 1, since that field is an auto-incrementing int, but that ID field is mainly just used by SharePoint internally to identify what item you are looking at - you probably don't even have it showing in any of your forms or views. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 02-06-2020 01:50 PM In reply to

Re: infopath lists going from development to production

Thanks, That's what I was hoping you'd say. Best, granDelimiter
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.