Using People Picker field in InfoPath Designer to Email Submit with SharePoint (OTB) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using People Picker field in InfoPath Designer to Email Submit with SharePoint (OTB)

Last post 01-27-2020 08:00 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-23-2020 11:44 AM

Using People Picker field in InfoPath Designer to Email Submit with SharePoint (OTB)

Hi-- just a heads up, I only have InfoPath, SharePoint OTB w/no access to SPD. Is it possible to use a People Picker field to return the work email address and use that email address in your Email Submit connection. Example-- I have a 'Task' SP site. The user that submitted the request uses a People Picker field, and I would like for that person to get a notification once I complete that task using 100% complete in the rule and clicking the 'submit' button. I would like for this to happen automatically with each user that submits a request on my SP site. Is it even possible with no access to Work Flows?
    Filed under:
  • 01-27-2020 08:00 AM In reply to

Re: Using People Picker field in InfoPath Designer to Email Submit with SharePoint (OTB)

Are you using SharePoint Online? Or on-prem? If on-prem, you might be able to use the User Profile web service to get the email back. https://claytoncobb.com/2009/06/21/userprofileservice-extended/
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.