Entering the e-mail address in the current format - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Entering the e-mail address in the current format

Last post 01-20-2020 12:53 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-16-2020 10:46 AM

Entering the e-mail address in the current format

Hello, I'll ask your help with the attached form. There are two topics. In the E-Mail e-Archive section of the form, the user must enter the e-mail address in the current format. They need to enter the e-mail address correctly. Do not accept when they enter wrong. Another topic at the bottom of the forum is that Registration completed: should appear after submitting the form. The person to approve must appear when he enters to edit. I would appreciate it if you could help me with this.
  • 01-20-2020 08:47 AM In reply to

Re: Entering the e-mail address in the current format

For the email field you can add a validation rule. See attached screenshot. For the Registration Completed - I'd put the text and checkbox in a section and use conditional formatting to hide it. I'd probably use a Status field for this - blank to start with, set to "Submitted" when the form is submitted, then you can only display the section if Status = Submitted. Or you can compare the approver to the current user's userName() if you have the approver user name....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-20-2020 09:14 AM In reply to

Do you have a chance to do these transactions on the form I submitted? I think I will understand better that way.
  • 01-20-2020 09:43 AM In reply to

What field contains "the person to approve" and what data is saved for that person? Is Email required? Is the correct field "E-Mail" where you need the validation rule?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-20-2020 10:22 AM In reply to

1 topic- Users fill out the form by pressing random keys in the "E-Mail e-Archive" field, it is necessary to enter a customer e-mail address in this field, so we have to force it to be entered correctly. @domain. It has to be mandatory. 2 topic- The user should not check the "Registration completed" field responsible for filling out the form. For this reason, it should not see the "Registration completed" field that fills the form first, it should be seen when re-entering the filled form. There is a confirmation user who entered to check the information in the forum. It completes the process by entering the pre-filled form and checking the "Registration completed" box.
  • 01-20-2020 10:37 AM In reply to

Try this one - save the attached file locally, right click and select design to open in Design mode.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-20-2020 12:45 PM In reply to

Thank you, they both work. But there is a problem, a workflow is running in the background. Workflow status "progress" when user first completes the form. Works up to this step. The workflow status was supposed to be "completed" when the validator checked and registered the registration complete box. Was working like this before. Did not work after the change.
  • 01-20-2020 12:53 PM In reply to

Sorry - I don't know how these form changes would have impacted your workflow. You may want to check the workflow itself.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.