Create a TimeStamp when a 'Checkbox' is checked. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Create a TimeStamp when a 'Checkbox' is checked.

Last post 10-22-2019 08:40 AM by Travis_H. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2019 01:48 PM

Create a TimeStamp when a 'Checkbox' is checked.

I would like to generate a TimeStamp in a TextBox field when a Checkbox in my form is checked. Essenitally what I am trying to accomplish is, create a Variable called "Start Time" .. which will hopefully be generated when the Checkbox is checked. The 'Start Time' is to represent when a QC Rep starting labeling the Form from SharePoint in InfoPath. I am open for suggestions. Keep in mine.. I only have SharePoint OTB and InfoPath Designer 2013 (no coding) Thanks
  • 10-21-2019 03:52 PM In reply to

Re: Create a TimeStamp when a 'Checkbox' is checked.

This can be done easily with rules. See attached. Please save the linked file locally by right clicking and selecting the option to save the link target. Right click the saved file and select design. From there you can preview and try it out.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-22-2019 06:10 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary.. I appreciate you sending me this. I was able to open the Form, Check the box, and a timestamp populated. Unfortunately, I can't open the Form in Design Mode. If you have time today, could you send me some of the steps you took to make this happen?
  • 10-22-2019 07:33 AM In reply to

Why can't you open the form in design mode? What happens when you download the template, right click and select Design? There are two rules on the checkbox. The first has no conditions and sets the timestamp field to blank every time the value of the checkbox field changes. The second rule, if the checkbox field has a value of true, sets the timestamp field to the now() function.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-22-2019 08:40 AM In reply to

Oh sorry.. I must have saved the link wrong.. this is Perfect. Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.