Creating Repeating Table in existing Sharepoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Creating Repeating Table in existing Sharepoint list

Last post 08-26-2019 04:15 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-26-2019 12:56 PM

Creating Repeating Table in existing Sharepoint list

Hello, I'm relatively new to InfoPath however during last weeks I've learned quite a lot in order to achieve my goals. I was searching for the answer to my problem on web and YouTube but with no results, I hope that somebody can help with below issue: I'm trying to input Repeating Table underneath my existing list from Sharepoint using InfoPath 2010. The list was created on Sharepoint and then edited in InfoPath. I cannot group listed metrics on the right side, nor add a group because of the lock (Screen 1 attached) - I wanted to group those that should be in repeating table. Basically the repeating table should consists of attached 6 columns (Screen 2) that a user can enter multiple times (underneath existing form). I managed to create one, however when I clicked on 'insert new item' the whole form was repeated which is incorrect (red circle on Screen 2, the form is visible by InfoPath as RepeatingTable which in fact is not a repeating table and should not be). Also I managed to Add New Field to existing fields and chose 'People and Groups' (I cannot add just a Group), then entered properties and chose 'Optional Section with Controls (Repeating)' and then 'Repeating Table' (screen 3) - it was working but only for those options from 'People and Groups' field :DisplayName, AccountField, AccountName. I could not add or edit new fields to this group which I do not understand. I would appreciate if somebody could explain me how to create a new group of editable fields in existing form, set it as Repeating Table and put underneath existing form. Thank you in advance!
  • 08-26-2019 04:15 PM In reply to

Re: Creating Repeating Table in existing Sharepoint list

Hi - you can't add a repeating table in the main data source of a SharePoint list form. You can set the form to manage multiple items (which, since the SharePointListItem_RW node is repeating, I am assuming has already been done). It is just a limitation of SharePoint List forms - the only repeating data controls you'll see are multiple choice fields or person / group fields.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.