Unexpected CSS Formatting - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Unexpected CSS Formatting

Last post 05-02-2019 06:21 AM by dapklp. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-26-2019 11:55 AM

Unexpected CSS Formatting

"Unterminated quotes encountered in CSS string." - but no assistance on locating it to correct it (whatever it is). Any ideas are welcome.

Filed under: ,
  • 04-26-2019 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: Unexpected CSS Formatting

Ok - so this is in the Design Checker? Or when you try to publish the form? A bit more info would be helpful. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-26-2019 12:50 PM In reply to

Just updating this thread from our email conversation - it was a specific view in the form, which your detective work had already uncovered. I verified that once everything except the layout table was removed, the view would pass design checker - which is not terribly helpful. I don't know of a tool that would check the validity of the CSS in the XSL - and the file is way too long to try to manually scan for issues.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-02-2019 06:21 AM In reply to

Yes, my apologies for the brevity of my initial question - this was from Design Checker. As Hilary stated, I located the offending view by systematically eliminating items/views until only the offender remained (along with the error). I then created another form without the offending view and systematically copied over parts of the table and then performed Design checker. Oddly enough, after copying over every part of the table a piece at a time, the new form did not have the CSS error, so I apologize, but I cannot offer any insight as to exactly what caused it.

One thing I do need to keep in mind though is that in addition to performing Design Checker after each revision session, I also Preview the form. One time I saved the form and only performed Design Checker and then when I went to Preview it, InfoPath told me there was a catastrophic error - Too Bad Sucka  (DAP paraphrased). I don't know why because Design Checker told me everything was copasetic, but that copy of the design file was no longer viable. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.