Populate Field After Submit Without Close - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populate Field After Submit Without Close

Last post 04-11-2019 11:10 AM by Potzgo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-11-2019 07:57 AM

• Potzgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-10-2019
    • Posts 3

Populate Field After Submit Without Close

First time post here; forgive me if this has been asked before. Believe me.. I've searched and searched.. Preface: I do not have access to Visual Studio 2010, so I am unable to apply code. Question: I have a formula that runs in a calculated field in the SharePoint list itself to calculate days between dates less weekends. I was hoping to find/write a formula in InfoPath itself that does this, but I was unable to do so. That said, I was hoping also to have the form, using a button with rules, submit data, then refresh with the populated data. Basically, I have the start date field, and the end date field, and when they both have value in the list, I'm given the working days via a calculated field. I need that field to, while the form is still open, to populate. Is this even possible..?
  • 04-11-2019 10:12 AM In reply to

Re: Populate Field After Submit Without Close

Oh, it seems possible for sure. So - this is a calc'd field in your form library that your form submits to? You can add a data connection to query the library, and there's an option you can select to return data for this form only. There's a checkbox you can deselect so that the query doesn't run when the form opens - you don't need the data at that point, so I would deselect that. Let's see - then, on your button, have a rule that submits the form, then a rule that queries your data source to the library, then a rule that sets the form field to the value returned from the library. By the way, you can also change your submit options (Data tab in the ribbon) to not close after submits - that's an optional feature.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-11-2019 10:51 AM In reply to

• Potzgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-10-2019
    • Posts 3

Ah, I believe I have a silly question. I'm using InfoPath to fill a list, not use it as a form library. Could that be the issue? The submit function works just fine; when I click the button, the form remains open, and the list fills as needed, including the calculated field. However, the main data connection query returns only the first item's information, and the secondary connection (created to query the list) doesn't return anything.
  • 04-11-2019 11:03 AM In reply to

I'm not sure how to do this with a list form - when you submit, does the form still show the data for the item you just submitted? If so, is the ID field in the data fields now populated? If it is, maybe you can set your secondary data source query field to the ID to query for the item? Then just use a calculated value or something on the form to display the results from that calculated column?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-11-2019 11:10 AM In reply to

• Potzgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-10-2019
    • Posts 3

That's where I'm really confused. When I submit the form, then run the query from the rule, the ID fills for the current item. The ID has been correctly filling on the form since the beginning (using as a ticket number, so it's included on the form). The query is overriding everything else in the form but the ID.. I tried to follow the logic, but it just wasn't there.. I have ID checked in the secondary connection.. Let me start over and make this a form that connects to a form library and see if that doesn't fix this.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.