Retrieve Data from 2 Data Connections - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Retrieve Data from 2 Data Connections

Last post 04-10-2019 08:24 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2019 04:20 AM

Retrieve Data from 2 Data Connections

Hi, I am new to SharePoint and Infopath. Currently I am working on a project. I have arrived at a road block where I have to retrieve data from 2 Data Connections. Here's the scenario: 1) I have to pull data based on PIN No( I have created a dropdown with receive data connection of that particular list name Project tracker) 2) I have a region option which fills in automatically when PIN No is selected. But, the Region is a lookup column from another List(named Project Region). Therefore, when pulling up the data, it retrieves the ID. To avoid this, I have created another drop down which shows the text. Now, my question here is how do I link PIN field in a way that I can connect 2 Data connections together and the value gets updated in the region field.
  • 04-09-2019 07:35 AM In reply to

Re: Retrieve Data from 2 Data Connections

So - at a high level, the user would select the PIN from a dropdown (connected to the Project Tracker list) then your rules would query the Project Region list for the selected region ID, and populate the data. I'm not sure why you need another dropdown that shows the text for the region? I could probably help you set this up if you attach a copy of your form to the Options tab....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-10-2019 02:17 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Thanks for responding to this request. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attach the form here due to the data privacy policy of my company. Is there any other way to do it? I have applied rules to the PIN No. dropdown and can retrieve details which are in"Single Line of Text" but can't retrieve details for columns which are set as "Lookup" in List settings.
  • 04-10-2019 08:24 AM In reply to

Put the lookup fields on the form so you can see the values in them, if you haven't already - I often just drag the entire data source onto the form so I can see the actual values. It may be that the data is returned as ID;#Title or something and you need to use a substring formula to get the right value to set your query field in your second data connection.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.