After Info-path due-date!!! - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

After Info-path due-date!!!

Last post 02-18-2021 12:22 AM by JasminSch.. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2019 04:20 AM

After Info-path due-date!!!

What will happen after the date that Microsoft announce as the due date for Infopath support on SP sites? many companies did invest heavily in hundreds of forms designed by Infopath. Mine is one of them. I need to know if the due date means that SP will not accept to be linked with InfoPath any more or even the already uploaded templates will be automatically deleted,.....etc?
  • 03-06-2019 10:50 AM In reply to

Re: After Info-path due-date!!!

Hi Zakaria,

Thank you for posting.

We have an easy path forward for you. We built an app called FormsViewer that understands InfoPath XSN format. No change to your forms needed. Just install the app and configure your lists and libraries to open using the app and you can remove your InfoPath dependency.

In addition to being minimal effort, our FormsViewer app enables new features via rules in your forms. You can add a CSS resource to give your forms a responsive mobile friendly UI. You can add SMS authentication via phone to support external access without a SharePoint login (which also reduces SharePoint licensing). FormsViewer even works without SharePoint now. And, you can use it with SharePoint online (O365) or SharePoint On Prem (2013 or 2016).

It's easy to install and licensing is free or very inexpensive based on usage. FormsViewer also provides some Designer features via the browser. We are still working on finishing feature parity with the InfoPath Designer and hope to have it done this year.

Because the XSN and XML format doesn't change, all of your templates and data continue to work "as is". Plus we can upgrade them quickly to look better. You can find out more by going to Downloads -> FormsViewer. Most of our https://www.youtube.com/Qdabra webinars also feature FormsViewer now. And, here's a link to a short step-by-step explanation of the process: https://www.qdabra.com/en/products/FormsViewer.aspx  

Please contact me at Patrick.Halstead@Qdabra.com if you are interested in a short call or demo.

Kind regards,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
    Filed under:
  • 03-06-2019 12:35 PM In reply to

thank you for your reply. form viewer seems agood alternative as it will understand the predesigned Forms by itself.
  • 02-18-2021 12:22 AM In reply to

Hi Patrick, thank you for explaining this. But I dont fully unterstand. After I have transformed my infopath form, what kind of data do I have then? How can I edit it in the future. We are switching to SharePoint Online (365) right now and I want to be sure that my form will be still working in 10 years or someting. Thank you very much! Jasmin
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.