Office 365 and Oracle datasources - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Office 365 and Oracle datasources

Last post 02-01-2019 07:31 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2019 10:38 AM

Office 365 and Oracle datasources

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question so please redirect me if that is the case. We have Office 365 at work and use SharePoint in the cloud. I would like to create a data source in Infopath 2013 to an Oracle database that sits on a physical server in my employer's datacenter. As I do not have access to the SP server to install the Oracle client side libraries, what do I need to request be installed on the SP server in order for me to create my Oracle datasource? Thank you in advance.
  • 02-01-2019 07:31 AM In reply to

Re: Office 365 and Oracle datasources

I wonder if there is any way to do this via Flow or LogicApps. https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/connecting-to-oracle-database-from-powerapps-flow-and-logic-apps/ indicates that you can use an On Prem data gateway with your Oracle database to expose it to Flow / LogicApps, and using either of those tools, you can create a REST web service.... then it would just be a matter of creating a connection in InfoPath to your REST service. I'd probably start with Flow and set up a Flow with an HTTP request trigger - just return some dummy data and make sure you can connect to it in InfoPath and that it works as anticipated in your published form (i.e. - make sure you have a functional proof of concept before adding in the cost of the Oracle setup). Then, once you know that works, you can see about getting the On Prem gateway set up and add an Oracle connection to your Flow (but do note that is a premium connector and I'm not certain what the costs here may be).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.