Limit of rules in a repeating table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Limit of rules in a repeating table

Last post 01-28-2019 08:31 AM by Franciele. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2019 08:39 AM

• Franciele
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-03-2017
    • Curitiba, Brasil
    • Posts 6

Limit of rules in a repeating table

Does anyone know if there are a limit of rules that I can apply in fields inside a repeating table? I have a repeating table with 280 fields, each field has 8 rules. When I submit the form to a sharepoint a got the error "could not verify template on the specified server". If a add rule in one field and submit, than add rules in another field and submit again, I start to get this error after the 20th field. So, I am assuming that it is because the high number of rules. How can solve this problem? I really need the repeating table with all those rules.
    Filed under: ,
  • 01-24-2019 10:44 PM In reply to

Re: Limit of rules in a repeating table

Hi Franciele, There is no limit to the number of rules. I am guessing that it is the number of promoted columns. For best performance, you'll want to use two techniques: 1) use calculated values to reduce overhead - you can do this by putting each text control in a section (within the cell) and then copy the section and paste it right next to the original text field and right click the text field in the newly pasted section and make it a calculated value. Then you'll add hide-show rules on these sections based on whether the current row is the actively editing row. You'll need to add a button to select the row for editing and that sets the active row to the current row's ID (you can use count(preceding-sibling::my:row)+1 for that. This will dramatically reduce the performance overhead. 2) use paging to limit the vertical display to 100 rows or so. paging is easy to add. just add the following XTP and go through the instructions. Let me know if you need help. Good luck!
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 01-28-2019 08:31 AM In reply to

• Franciele
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-03-2017
    • Curitiba, Brasil
    • Posts 6

Re: Limit of rules in a repeating table

Patrick, thank you so much for your reply. I used the option 2 and worked just fine. Thanks again!
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.