Error uploading form template to SharePoint central admin. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Error uploading form template to SharePoint central admin.

Last post 01-21-2019 08:05 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-17-2019 08:32 AM

Error uploading form template to SharePoint central admin.

I have a form which has been in use for 3-4 years.  Over those years I have made a number of changes to it.  But it has not been changed since May last year.

It is a browser based form with Domain trust, which is uploaded to central admin. 

In June last year my PC was upgraded and migrated to the domain of our parent company.  The domains of our parent company and ourselves have been set up so we can see data/servers/accounts/folders etc. - Sorry I don't know the technical term.

I have been asked to make a tweak to the form, which I have done, and I have published to a network location (i.e. a folder on my pc.)  I have then gone to central admin to upload the form template, (the folder on my pc is accessible from the central admin server.)  When I click upload I get the error "This form template has not been published.  Open the form in the InfoPath Designer and publish the form to SharePoint using the Administrator-approved form template method in the publishing wizard."

I have tried changing a few of things, e.g. drive mapping is slightly different so I republished with new locations, but cannot get passed this error.  I am only running the same process as I did before my laptop was moved to the new domain so I believe (rightly ? wrongly ?) that that is the source of my problem. 

Does anyone have any ideas.  (I have only edited this one form - I have 15-20 others which I believe will give me the same issue if I am asked to change them.) 

Thank you

Catharine 

• 01-21-2019 08:05 AM In reply to

Re: Error uploading form template to SharePoint central admin.

That's so odd - that's the message we'd expect to see if you were trying to upload the version you'd been designing, not the published version. So - I'm sure you have made double sure that you are actually browsing to the published file, not the one you were making changes to - but double check that. Then I guess I'd test with a new blank form - just try publishing and uploading to central admin - that may help you see if the issue is the form vs. SharePoint.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.