Auto Populate Repeating Table From Sharepoint List, Populated By A Different Repeating Table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Auto Populate Repeating Table From Sharepoint List, Populated By A Different Repeating Table

Last post 01-13-2019 11:40 PM by Shaun. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-04-2019 02:29 AM

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 4

Auto Populate Repeating Table From Sharepoint List, Populated By A Different Repeating Table

Hi,

Background:

I am using two form on a SharePoint Form List. One is to create a "Quotation", the second is to create a "Variation" (adding some extra columns in the tables to show variation qty)

The idea I have is the user will populate the "Quotation" form. If there is a requirement for a "Variation", then the user will open the "Variation" form, click on a few drop downs which identifies the "Quotation".

Source:

The following is an example of what I have on the SharePoint form list:

Item Description:

Item A : Item B : Item C:

Issue:

Using Rules, I am struggling trying to get the repeating tables to pre-populate so I have this:

Item Description:

Item A

Item B

Item C

P.S I am new to all of this and sorry if this has already been covered but I cannot see anything at present.

• 01-04-2019 07:55 AM In reply to

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 4

Re: Auto Populate Repeating Table From Sharepoint List, Populated By A Different Repeating Table

Hi,

Just as an update, the items are not saved with a ':' to separating them, it is just a space. An example of what I have is copied below

EYEBOLT : COLLAR : IMPERIAL : 1/4UNC : 0.10T EYEBOLT : COLLAR : M6 EYEBOLT : COLLAR : M20 : 1.6T MASTER LINK : 17.1T : HA32ML : 32MM : 270 X 140MM

And what I want:

EYEBOLT : COLLAR : IMPERIAL : 1/4UNC : 0.10T

EYEBOLT : COLLAR : M6

EYEBOLT : COLLAR : M20 : 1.6T

MASTER LINK : 17.1T : HA32ML : 32MM : 270 X 140MM

I can get the top line to populate, but this does not create the remaining lines. If I add in lines prior to triggering the rule. this populates all rows the same as the top line. Thanks
  • 01-11-2019 08:29 AM In reply to

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 4

Re: Auto Populate Repeating Table From Sharepoint List, Populated By A Different Repeating Table

Hi,

I am still trying to populate a repeating table. Just to confirm the information i am populating from is in a sharepoint list (attached), populated by a repeating table within another form (JRigPurTable onwards)

Simple way of imagining it, I am using form 1 to create a quotation and form 2 to create a variation. The variation is the same as the quotation but the tables have an extra column or two to input extra qty required. I would rather the user to not have to re-populate the whole form and just be presented with the data to modify accordingly.

I have stumbled accross the file which I have attached that pulls information from a file and auto populates a InfoPath form from an XML form.

Do i need to create an XML file? Or can this be done in InfoPath using rules (prefered option)?

If it is XML, do these files update automatically when new lines have been created on the SharePoint form list?

Hope someone can assist on this or nudge me in a general direction

Shaun

• 01-11-2019 08:41 AM In reply to

Hey, Shaun! Sorry I missed your earlier posts. The default data method will work with a list. The big issue with this approach is you need to include by default enough rows in your main DS to hold all the data you might be pulling from your list. If you check out the Qdabra YouTube channel, we may have some webinars on this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ukzlaQBpM has this technique I think...
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-13-2019 11:40 PM In reply to

• Shaun
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-04-2018
    • Posts 4

Thanks Hilary,

I will have a play around with this today as this might work for something else I am looking at.

Sadly, the tables in the variation form still requires the same existing repeating table (add in rows, and select the description from a drop down to populate code & selling price).

Not always just going to be varying the qty, there might be additional items required

Thanks

Shaun
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.