Using a control to hide a form function - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using a control to hide a form function

Last post 12-14-2018 02:27 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-14-2018 01:45 AM

Using a control to hide a form function

Hi,

Im looking to add controls to a form based on multiple usernames but I think (based on a Google search) the way it should work isn't the way it does work in InfoPath. So I have a text box which returns the username of the person opening the form for example "Joe Bloggs 1" I have a control on a text box which says if the username text box isn't equal to Joe Bloggs 1 or Joe Bloggs 2 or Joe Bloggs 3 then disable this control. But unfortunately the control gets disabled regardless and I think its to do with the Or controls but don't understand why?

Can anyone help please?

Thank you 

• 12-14-2018 02:49 AM In reply to

Re: Using a control to hide a form function

Ah so I understand the way it works now. It would seem you have to apply the AND rather than the OR in this kind of scenario for it to work.

• 12-14-2018 02:27 PM In reply to

Re: Using a control to hide a form function

Yah, this always confuses me too, because it feels backwards. We need to think in terms of what we will hide, rather than show... I always think best in terms of food, so "if this bowl has no apples AND no oranges AND no pears, I don't want to eat anything" normally helps me get my brain around it.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.