Buttons resetting the datetime fields in a repeating section - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Buttons resetting the datetime fields in a repeating section

Last post 12-03-2019 08:48 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-15-2017 06:21 PM

• tsksingh
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-15-2017
    • Bangalore
    • Posts 1

Buttons resetting the datetime fields in a repeating section

Config: Infopath 2013 Browser Form I have a “start-stop” tool with a repeating section In addition to a few drop-down boxes, I have two date-time controls, with a “start” and an “end” button attached to them When you click the “start” button, it sets now() on the “start” date-time picker When you click the “end” button, it sets now() on the “end” date-time picker This way, I can track the actual start and end times, and duration for each activity the user works on The Problem: When I add a row to the repeating section, the previous start and end time date-time pickers get reset to the current time. This, I fixed by adding a condition to the button where it sets now() only when the date-time picker is blank Big problem – when I submit the form with, say, 4 rows, all of them get reset to now() before submission and I lose all the start and end times on the SharePoint list How do I ensure the date-time pickers don’t get reset to the current time before submission? I don’t know what’s triggering the button rule before submission.
  • 12-03-2019 08:14 AM In reply to

• MA555
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-17-2018
    • Posts 1

Re: Buttons resetting the datetime fields in a repeating section

I am having the similar issue. The only difference I have is when user clicks on Submit button it resets the date and time for all Date picker fields that have buttons to the date and time form is submitted. Can anyone please help?
  • 12-03-2019 08:48 AM In reply to

Re: Buttons resetting the datetime fields in a repeating section

Hi - we discussed this in an email thread, but for me, setting postback to always on the buttons for setting the date time resolved the issue.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.